There's this placetime where they speak Latin, and I don't mean the shameful butchery perpetrated by those Roma scumbages:
+mircea_popescu | [plebem tuam per signum sanctae crucis ab obnibus insidiis inimiucorum omnium]
Since I've managed to forget more Latin than you ever knew (if my bold assumption leaks presumption - Power to the Person!), we'll be "live-translating" this today, to figure out what Mircea meant. I'm using a 1968 Cassel's, and if you're using an advertisement-subsidized database (or worse, siloslavery), please return with a properly-calibrated probricorticem.
- plebs - 3f "the lower orders"
- tuam - eggog
- per - durch
- signum - ein wenigsten pecuniarisch Mark
- sancty - inviolable (tell that to the Bard!)
- crux - this is taking way longer than expected, and my bus isn't getting any earlier
- abomnible - snow, man!
- insidiae - TIL why Palpatine handled 'cds'
- inimiucorum - eggnogg signum duo
- omnes - insidiis scurra locuplectic
Hear that? It's the neighbor-dog, barking at me to get my shit together, put it all in a shitstack, and go patch that bus.